United Way of Erie County Announces Funding of $ 13,700 for National Evening Events and Projects
After a one-year hiatus due to COVID, National Night Out events are back in Erie County.
Last year, instead of nationwide in-person evening events, United Way of Erie County chose to award neighborhood mini-grants to foster safety and health efforts in the community in the form of projects or limited COVID-safe events.
But as vaccine rollout continues and cases of COVID-19 in the community decline, United Way has announced that it will once again support National Night Out events that follow local Department of Health guidelines. In total, the United Way of Erie County is funding 17 national evening events in Erie County in 2021, as well as two related projects, for a total of $ 13,700.
The National Night Out 2021 events will take place on Tuesday August 3, 2021.
The 17 Erie County National Evening Events supported by the Erie County United Way include:
- Neighborhood Association of the Academy: 6-7:30 p.m. at Baker Field in East 32nd and Holland St.
- Bayfront East Side Working Group: 6-8 p.m. at Wallace Park in Wallace St. & E Front St.
- Belle Valley Fire Department, Inc .: 6-9 p.m. at 1514 Norcross Road
- Diehl Primary School and Mercyhurst University: 6-8 p.m. at Diehl Elementary School, 2327 Fairmount Pkwy
- East Avenue / Hess Avenue Neighborhood Watch: 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at the Perseus House Collaborative Learning Center, 648 Hess Avenue
- Eastern College: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at East Middle School, 1001 Atkins St.
- Edison Elementary School and Boys & Girls Club of Erie: 4-7 p.m. at Edison Elementary School, 1921 E Lake Rd.
- Elk Valley Elementary School, Elk Creek Recreation and Recreation Council, Rice Avenue Community Public Library: Elk Valley Elementary School, 2556 Maple Avenue
- Erie’s Free Store: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Elmwood Avenue Presbyterian Church / Erie Free Store, 2816 Elmwood Avenue
- Glenwood United Methodist Church: 6-8 p.m. at Glenwood United Methodist Church, 2931 Myrtle St.
- Township of Greene: 6-8 p.m. at 9333 Tate Road
- Housing Office City of Erie: 5-8 p.m. in Erie Heights and Curry Schell Apartments, 4200 Block Crestmont Ave.
- Iroquois Elementary School and Lawrence Park Township: Iroquois elementary school parking lot, 4231, rue Morse
- McKinley Elementary School: 3 pm-6pm at McKinley Elementary School, 933 East 22nd Street
- Our West Bayfront, Bay and Harbor Neighborhood Association, Boulevard Park Neighborhood Watch, Gateway Neighborhood Association, Erie MLK Center, Garden County Association, West Bayfront Neighborhood Watch, West Side Saints Neighborhood Watch: 5-8 p.m. at Gridley Park, W. 6th and Liberty Streets
- Perry Elementary School and Erie Family Center: 4-6 p.m. at Perry Elementary School, 955 W. 29th Street
- YesExternal Leadership Institute: 4-7 p.m. at 306 E. Lake Rd.
United Way has also considered awards for projects that meet community resource needs.
- Harding Primary School: Bags for Basic Needs
- SNOOPS Neighborhood Watch: Proximity Picnic Boxes